explore my site

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Welcoming my "Warm and Cozy" Collection with DEMDACO Silvestri!.

Photo courtesy DEMDACO.

There are quite a few, Winter-y, comforting things that are well rooted in the imagery of the child I am at heart.



They've always been there since I can remember. Mugs filled with spice-scented tea or hot cocoa, ready to comfort you on a cold day spent in front of a real fire, all snuggled up in a warm blanket wearing thick, woolly socks.







Lots of things "warm" and "cozy", like wool fabrics and yarns, knitted things, tartans, felt...



Birdhouses, to provide rest and refuge to the wild birds outside. A sleigh and a shovel, red, brown and rusty. And those windchimes that tinkle sweetly when the wind caresses them.


And lots of snowmen! Oh, those are dancing like crazy in my mind, doing all kind of funny things, and Singing Happy Tunes.



10" and 16.5" high

And definitely, a snowglobe. Those magical spheres filled with snow and a cute snowy landscape and lovely characters, that you turn upside down, and down the snowflakes fall- while you stare at them enchanted and kind of suspended between the Earth and Sky.


There are wool scarves, mittens, earmuffs; checks and stripes, tartans, polka dots. 






Welcoming wreaths. Red and white. Lots of nests and little birds (many of them wear scarves too!), snowflakes and little hearts galore. And trees covered in snow that look like frosted masterpieces of fine patisserie. All is merry and white, inside and outside.





All of these symbols of the Season are my comfort, my joy, my safety net, the little things that make me the happiest- they are just rooted in my soul, like a warm and cozy blanket you may need to wrap yourself into on a cold, winter's day, a blizzard outside making of the countryside a Winter Wonderland. Merry and Bright. Welcome Snow. All ready to Welcome the Spirit of the Season to come and heal the World.



*
I'd really love to tell you some meaningful anecdotes about this collection, and why it's so dear to my heart. But as the post is becoming really long, and I wish that you really savor it, I'll do that another time.

The "Warm and Cozy" collection, which includes all of these pieces and many more (like traditional baubles, ornaments, a cute shovel, birdhouses and a 30.5"tall display snowman, too!), lovingly designed/painted by me and produced by the wonderful DEMDACO Silvestri!, is now available for wholesale orders through your local DEMDACO distributor (and will be in stores in time for Christmas 2014). 
*
I know there are many many persons out there cheering me on, supporting me along my journey, sharing their heart with me, just loving me! Could ever a girl be more blessed than that???
And this is the very reason why I leave the comments enabled on this post.  But I wish to tell you I practice detachment from my results. Truth is real magic happened when I stopped considering/ listening to my ego, to to what I wanted, needed, to all of the fears and thousands worries it kept arising, and started to instead have BIG faith that all things are possible with God, Spirit, Mind, Love, and we are here on this Earth for a precise reason and it is a very good one. When I consciously said a big, loud YES! to what I'm called to do in this life (and licensing my work is just a part of that, that wasn't at all in my plans!). All that has happened to me, one synchronicity after another, that guided me to this very moment, is just the divine plan for me, to convey love and goodness, in one form or another, into this world.

You're very welcome to tell me and the other readers that will stop here about your favorite Winter/Christmas things, treats or decorations, traditions, if you love Snowmen, how you make them, your big (childhood or adulthood) dreams, or anything else you wish to share! Screams of delight and tears of joy are very welcome too, as they keep good vibes in the air!:)
Monica xo

22 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Wonderful wares for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a darling! Thank you, Lorrie!

      Delete
  2. Monica! What a wonderful surprise when I just returned from work! This collection is indeed "Warm and Cozy"! I love it ALL…..but especially the pieces with the little cut out words…..and all of the cozy felt pieces like the birds. You should be joyful about this Monica! That is not ego talking….it would be pride and accomplishment. It would be a delight in having this happen with something so close to your heart! The LAST thing on earth that you are is boastful! I will keep my yes out for these sweet products next fall!

    As for my traditions….I too have always loved snowmen….Since I was young I have loved the ornaments that belonged to my grandmothers…..I love the memory from my childhood of playing in the snow for hours with my 4 brothers and sisters, and then coming in to warm cups of hot cocoa with marshmallows….I try to bring traditions like this to my own kids…

    So happy for you my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, want to hug you! Thank youu!
      Love your traditions! So special that you still have the ornaments belonged to your Grandmothers! I have a Nativity belonged to my Grandfather.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. My Sweet Monica...when I am desperately in need of comfort, I meander over here and find myself wondering why I wait so long between visits! I am(nearly) speechless and overcome with pride and joy for the blessings that God is bestowing upon you now that you have opened your heart and your spirit with complete abandon. You deserve EVERY beautiful thing that is being gifted to you and SO much more. I love you, my dear friend! Kimberly (be looking for a proper email from me...it is likely to be a long one!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Monica! What an absolutely enchanting collection! And how wonderful to be commissioned by Demdaco!!
    I just love it all but my very favorite piece is the snowman holding the heart! And I love the coffee mugs!!
    Thanks for sharing sweetie! It's so much fun to see what flows from your heart!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could hug you in person, Becky! I just knew you would have left me nice words. Thank you!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love this style....but why I can't see all these fantastic things in the site? is it already possible to but them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♡ thanks Filomena!
      Now wholesale orders only (for shop owners), they'll be in store for Christmas 2014! They will be on the DEMDACO website soon ;) they have been presented at the Atlanta Gift Mart last week.
      xo

      Delete
  6. I agree so much with what everyone else said :) What a wonderful journey you are on and this is an adorable winter collection. I just love your snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a darling, Jenni! Love to you! Thanks for following me along my journey!
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Wow Monica, how very exciting. Sending you a big congrats hug,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! Lots of love to you!
      xo

      Delete
  8. ... when dreams come true! I'm very happy for you .It's a sweet and nice collection : I hope it will be available for sale in my country ,too.
    Con questi tuoi successi, diventa un onore seguirti sul blog!!!
    A big hug
    Franca



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY honor, Franca, that wonderful persons like you wish to follow me along my journey!
      xo

      Delete
  9. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O
    I am hyperventilating!!!!!!!
    I love everything (and you told me you knew I would, and I can only confirm that!)!
    Everything is even more, more and more beautiful than I could ever expect it to be!
    Wow wow wow!
    Non ho nemmeno ancora letto la parte scritta del post ma ero troppo innamorata di queste cose e devo scrivertelo subito... ora mi leggo anche la parte scritta :)

    Hugs and mille e piú congratulazioni!!!

    fede

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me join the chorus of good cheer! Monica, you must be over the moon with this - your art is stunning, and this company has managed to keep the integrity and truth of your style in their renditions of your glorious designs. Such an imagination, and such delight - your heart must have been singing the whole time you brought these characters to life.
    I am so incredibly pleased for you - never have I seen so many wonderful things that all combine so well. And of course, the red polka dot jug - that is the first on my list of what to buy! The challenge now is to find out which stores will be carrying this - I hope you will be able to post that as it is snapped up by the wholesale companies.
    And next perhaps, a story book???? And of course a quilt pattern - that would be brilliant - I can see so many quilt design and stitchery patterns here... you must, you must...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Monica I adore your new collection! It speaks of warmth and charm. I love the rich colors and the hearts, oh those hearts! I am so very happy for you! Congratulations on your success snd especially for following your heart, so inspiring.

    XO
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sweet friend, you must know the feelings I have seeing this. I see your joy and love in each image. Over the years, I have watched you making your way to this self acceptance feeling pride in your every step. My heart is full. Sending love from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling collection. I will be watching for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your whole collection, especially the mugs. Can hardly wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!