Now that apple time is here, you may like to bake these wonderful, moist muffins with a great texture and delicious taste!
Here's the recipe for you (I have mixed up some recipes I have kept no track of) for 8 small muffins.
- 225 g (8 oz) plain flour
- 1 bag baking powder or 3 teaspoons
- a pinch of salt
- 60 g (2 oz) margarine (or butter if you prefer- I always use margarine instead of butter)
- 225 g (8 oz) milk
- 2 small apples (peeled and chopped)
- 100 g (4 oz) sugar
- cinnamon to taste or half bar of milk chocolate
Oven: 190°C/ 25 minutes
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Put 8 paper muffin cups in a muffin tin.
3. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder. Add melted margarine + milk. Stir well, then add the chopped apples and cinnamon (or chopped chocolate, not both as for our taste).
4. Pour into the muffin cups.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes (it depends on your oven, keep an eye on them after 20 minutes!).