I always love to try new things. You never know, you might find a new passion... or just say it isn't for you.
|I desperately needed a vintage suitcase to store my canvases. Plus it's blue. Yes- the Universe does listen!|
|Hand- embroidered pictures and pillow. So country and cottage-y!|
I didn't know I loved this kind of pictures. I have always had art on our walls since I was little (my Grandfather was an award- winning painter), and never something embroidered, actually. But when I spotted these at the yard sale, I was charmed. Truth is, I have felt all of the love, passion, patience that went into them, and just had to give them a new, appreciative home.
Now that they're on the walls, I can't stop staring at them! And often, I send out in the ether a silent thank you to the person who made them.
I've wanted a rocking horse for more than one decade now, since the time I have started the inner excavation following the guidance of Simple Abundance, learned more about myself and discovered my real taste. At that time, I had no idea I liked old toys (as I had absolutely no idea about several other things, like for example which my favorite color was!). Now I know- old toys speak to me. Especially when they are well loved.
So when yesterday (what a lucky Sunday!) off I went on a solo drive towards an unknown destination, for my second yard sale ever, the last thing I expected to find was a vintage rocking horse (with a yard- sale price tag, of course)!
|Beaming with joy through my sunglasses!!!!|
In the end, here's what I've learnt from my first experience with garage/yard sales:
1. That I love the "hunt" (well I had no doubts!:)).
2. Thay you are supposed to run, hence better to wear comfortable shoes.
3. That some people look very professional "hunters" and come in groups (ugh!), and are kind of hoarders, while I do prefer a solitary and relaxing hunt for things that I really need or make my heart sing.
4. That it's nice to leave something pretty for who's coming next.
5. That a grateful heart for what the Universe has put out there for you to find is essential. And a fun happy dance afterwards is definitely required.