Saturday, December 1, 2012

Art Journaling= My "Pensieve".

"What is it?"
"This? It is called a Pensieve. I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind.""One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. It becomes easier to spot patterns and links, you understand, when they are in this form".

from Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling


I consider art journaling like my Pensieve. No need to add further words to Albus Dumbledore's, except that, when paired with art, thoughts become even more clear and powerful.




This is the first time in my entire creative life I keep an art journal. I've kept several written (not visual) ones before, but I find this process is bringing me to a new, wholly different level of self- consciousness. It's illuminating, cathartic, healing and challenging at the same time.


Monica x

1 comment:

  1. wow.....what a concept.....a visual journal! I've done many written ones, they hurt my hands....3 hours each morning writing all my dreams became just too much. Then leaving those out and doing thoughts....too many of those too....but ART ?? never thought of that....I'M INSPIRED !! thank you so very much my sensitive one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!