explore my site

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Travel Journal.

As my vacation draws near, I felt the urge to make a travel journal.
Having a full plate at the moment, and after I've finished just recently with my summer deadlines, I came to the conclusion I had to take it easy. So I opted for a quicker alternative to a big, handbinded book, also because I'm planning to bring it along with me in my bag wherever I go!



I noticed in my box of papers and materials to be recycled, a book I had previously dismantled. There were several pages left, glued in the original binding, and the cover wasn't damaged and still in place. I decided to give it a try...


The process was pretty quick. I just had to collage the cover and paint it. Then, simply lined the written pages with white sheets and added a touch of prettiness with decorative tapes.


The inside covers were lined with maps, to add to the "journey" theme.


A quick redo of the spine using fabric tape again. Made a coordinated pencil too. 
... And voilĂ - ready to go!


See you soon!
Monica x

15 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I have still only made the soft handmade journals which leave a lot to be desired sturdiness wise..I love this set..too cute..
    I recently embroidered one to offer..and when I finished I actually thought ":Monica's would have been much prettier!":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the transformation, so wonderful! hope you have a lovely holiday sweetie :) take care

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful !

    Have a nice day,
    Lieke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! Enjoy! We just returned from almost 4 weeks in California. Hated to return to the Texas HEAT! HUGS!
    Charlene & Elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plenty of lovely pages in that gorgeous journal to jot down your inspiration... hope you post photos of your journey! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. Your endless ideas and the beauty you create is so inspiring to me Monica. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! Do we get a peek inside when you're back??
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful vacation, Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swear our minds are in tune with each other! Thanks for commenting on my journal, yes I made one for me too. I love yours with the coordinating pencil no less. Have a fun adventure. Kisses to Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I travel I say I am gonna do a travel journal and with good intentions I start but then I never, ever keep up with it. We head to Germany tomorrow so I will try once again, but mine certainly won't be as beautiful and unique as what you've created. :) Have a lovely journey. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your journal is beautiful Monica! I love the cover...so lovely!!! I bet you are getting excited about your trip and I hope it is just the best!
    sending hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've created such a lovely travel journal, Monica, love the blue tones !
    Have a wonderful vacation !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your travel journal and also loved the tutorial on the rosettes.

    Have a great trip!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cute! I never had a journal like this its uncommon for us to travel. This idea is also nice for our life's journey everyday.
    Organization Accessories

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!