Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Journaling...

First, a heartfelt thank you for all the lovely comments you left on my latest posts, I am overwhelmed by your friendship and appreciation! 
Then... Did I tell you I have been on a vibrant creative wave all summer longPlease let me indulge in showing you another of my newest creations!
As a stationery-lover, journal- lover, writing-lover, keepsake-lover (and so on, you got the idea!), I couldn't pass by the urge of making my own journal! And once started, I couldn't help but make them! 
This is a stack of journals I cannot show you at the moment, because they all are gifts...  

... but I can gladly show you mine!
Each one has a theme, and matching fabrics (discarded samples) are used throughout it.
My own journal has a 'FLY' theme (which I've always been in love with) for it has a special meaning to me at the moment!

A tiny birdie and a scrap from an old dictionary page with the word 'bliss' adorn the (obviously!) blue cover, together with a gorgeous photograph, vintage lace and sheet music.



The body of the journal has been made with the even tiniest scraps of paper and fabric...

... images, old book pages, writing paper...


... sheet music, envelopes, whatever my imagination suggested (and all I had on hand!).




As it is a journal, it will be soon covered with personal notes, quotes, pictures and so on...
I started on the very first page, playing with acrilic paint, a buttefly and a cute girl... I'll add inspired words later on.

Love to write my thoughts sitting on the lawn, enjoying the simple pleasures of a sharpen pencil, a cuppa and the sweet smell of Autumn moving forward!

Have a happy day,
Monica.

14 comments:

  1. Have a great day Monica, the journal is beautiful. Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal is gorgeous, Monica.
    Nice to look at all the images, pictures,... and those beautiful blue shades.

    Have a nice day,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love journals, they are so personal. You have inspired me to start working on another journal. Thank you for stopping by my blog a few weeks ago, that is how I found you!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Monica

    Your journal is beautiful!!!
    You are very talented!!!

    I am in love with your furry girl. She is gorgeous and she looks so elegant wearing that hat !
    What's her name?
    I love golden retrievers, In fact I love all the animals

    Kisses and have a wonderful day.
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a treat to see where your creativity takes you next, Monica! Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely journal, so pretty
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your journal Monica, and the others look interesting too, what a lovely gift to give :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I think personalized journals offer others a peek into our soul!

    Have a great day!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your journal, Monica. The blues are so pretty - I love to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very wonderful and inspiring! I make my own little hand made journals too, but I never thought of using papers that already had lovely things on them! Duh! Where would we be without you to show us the way?

    Have a wonderful weekend

    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful idea, love it :) rowan the bear is adorable too, my oh my you have been busy :) Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Monica,

    Your journal is so beautiful and love how you have used the old fabric, and papers.

    Glad that you have been on a creative wave over the Summer.

    Happy weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Monica
    I have popped over from Blue Moon.

    My name is Delwyn and I am down in Au.
    I adore your beautiful journal. Can you tell me how you bound the pages together?

    I am a long time journal keeper but usually tart up existing books or old novels...You have inspired me to use some of the great collection of images, pages..and such that I have and make a fresh original model...thank you

    Happy days

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!